Blog for Us?
We're looking for a teacher to blog about his or her experiences teaching lessons from Middle School Chemistry (MSC). The selected blogger will write 15–20 posts over the course of 6–10 weeks. The deadline to apply is Thursday, December 20th.
Each post the blogger contributes will address such topics as…
- went well and how it could be made even better
- what challenges they experienced and how they overcame them
- what students struggled to understand and what they seemed to pick up easily
- how they modified or added to lessons, and what they learned
We're hopeful that this will invite other teachers to comment on these posts and share their experiences using MSC.
For all of this fine work, we will pay said blogger $1000.
The blogging period would begin in the upcoming months of 2013. The exact start date and duration would depend on the individual circumstances of the successful candidate, but should occur this school year and shouldn't be less than 6 weeks.
If all of that sounds good, please continue reading below for more details.
Attributes of the Successful MSC Blogger
- Be a middle school science teacher
- Enjoy writing
- Feel comfortable composing thoughtful posts of 500–1000 words
- Understand how to express yourself clearly in your own voice
- Be open to revisions or suggestions from ACS staff
- Be scheduled to teach MSC in 2013 (sometime between January and May)
- Be available to contribute posts shortly after you teach lessons
- Be committed to teaching at least half of the lesson plans from MSC (you choose which!)
- Have a basic understanding of the web and blogging
Extra Points Awarded If You…
- Have used WordPress or a similar blogging platform
- Have blogged about anything in the past
- Have used MSC in the past and plan to do so again this year
Apply to be the MSC Blogger
Please complete the form below to be considered as the MSC blogger.